Papa's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. An oatmeal raisin cookie is a type of drop cookie made from an oatmeal-based dough with raisins. Its ingredients also typically include flour, sugar, eggs, salt, and spices. A descendant of the Scottish oatcake, the oatmeal raisin cookie has become one of the most popular cookies in the United States.
They are great for breakfast, as a snack, or for something a little special, use them to make a breakfast trifle. A breakfast trifle is made by crumbling the oatmeal. This oatmeal cookie recipe make cookies are soft in the middle, a little chewy on the outside and full of warm flavors like cinnamon and vanilla. You can cook Papa's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Papa's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Prepare 1 t. of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 c. of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 c. of flour.
- Prepare 2 c. of oats.
- Prepare 1 c. of butter.
- Prepare 1 t. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 c. of raisins.
- You need 1 t. of baking powder.
This moist and chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe makes the best version of an old favorite. Oatmeal raisin cookies are made with very basic ingredients. Butter: Butter is the base of any delicious cookie recipe. Make sure it's appropriately Oats: For these oatmeal raisin cookies, I use old-fashioned whole oats.
Papa's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In small microwavable bowl add raisins and cover with water. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Strain and set raisins a side..
- In a medium bowl mix together butter, sugar,and eggs. In a seperate medium bowl add flour, baking powder/soda, cinnamon and thoroughly mix..
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture until all ingredients are mixed in. Add oats until thoroughly mixed. Add raisins and mix..
- Use a small spoon to form a ball of dough. Place on ungreased baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart..
- Bake at 350° F for 8 minutes. let cookies cool fot 5 minutes before removing them from the tray then set on cooling rack..
They provide the ultimate hearty, chewy, thick texture we love! This recipe for Quaker Oats oatmeal raisin cookies is a yummy way to eat your oats. Whether you make them into cookies or bar cookies, vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies will please a crowd or satisfy your sweet tooth. These Apple Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are addictive. You won't be able to have just one.