Papas rellenas. Papas rellenas (English: stuffed potatoes) are the most popular type of croquettes in Latin American regions such as Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Colombia, & the Caribbean (more so the Dominican Republic, Cuba & Puerto Rico). Papa Rellena – Receta de Papa al Horno con Panceta y Queso. Papas rellenas de huevo / Egg stuffed potatoes.
Papa rellena means "stuffed potato", and it basically is mashed potato stuffed with minced beef, raisins, olives, and hard-boiled egg, and pan fried. The papa rellena is basically the Latin American version of potato croquettes and just about every Though most often the papa rellena is almost always stuffed with a mixture containing ground beef. Papas rellenas are the ultimate comfort food. You can have Papas rellenas using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Papas rellenas
- You need of potatoes.
- You need of picadillo.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of oil.
Typically filled with a seasoned beef mixture, this mashed potato croquette is popular throughout Latin America. Resultado de búsqueda de papas rellenas. Recetas de Papas rellenas de carne, Papas rellenas al horno y muchas más recetas de papas rellenas. Golden, tender, and warm papa rellenas are traditional Peruvian stuffed potatoes, a type of croquette consisting of fried mashed potatoes with a meat filling on the interior.
Papas rellenas step by step
- The first thing you want to do is get your picadillo together. For that you need about a pound of ground beef, 2 sazon packets, about 1/4 cup sofrito (homemade or store bought), about 1/8 cup diced green olives, 1/2 green pepper diced, half an onion diced, I clove garlic minced. Put some olive oil in a skillet and add the green pepper and onion, cook until tender. Add the beef and all the rest of the ingredients and cook until done. Let cool, put in a container, pop it in the fridge..
- Peel and cut up about 6 to 8 good sized potatoes. Put in a pan with water and salt, bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Drain and mash the potatoes well with a fork. Place in the fridge to get cold..
- Once the potatoes are cold you can handle them. Grab a hand full about the size of a golf ball. Roll it in a ball, then poke a hole in the middle and start to firm a cup. Put some of the picadillo mixture in the center then cup the potato up over the meat and roll into a ball. Continue doing that until all the potatoes are gone..
- To make your batter mix the flour and some salt then add the eggs and mix well. It's OK if it's not perfectly smooth..
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or deep fryer or skillet whatever you prefer..
- Dip the potato balls in the batter and place into the oil to fry. Fry until golden on all sides. Let cool a minute or so, serve it up along side some meat and Beans and rice and enjoy! There great on their own as well!.
Papas rellenas (on Spanish literally: stuffed potatoes) are a popular type of croquettes found in Peru and other Latin American countries. They are similar to a Jewish knish but vary in that the outer layer. To make the papas rellenas: Place the quartered potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft, then drain. La receta de Papa Rellena está hecha a base de papa con un relleno de carne.