Beef Carpaccio and Papas Hauncaina. Papa a la Huancaina is one of our most searched recipes and it is definitely a favorite traditional Peruvian dish. People usually follow this with arroz con pollo, tallarines rojos, tallarines verdes or cebiche. Originating from the Huancayo area of Peru, papa a la Huancaína is an authentic and unique salad dish consisting of a spicy, creamy, and rich cheese sauce that is drizzled over boiled yellow or white potatoes.
In the directions it just said cheese so i forgot to put the cream cheese lol, it still tastes really good tho. Papa a la Huancaina (Huancayo-Style Potatoes). Carpaccio is one of my favourite appetisers. You can cook Beef Carpaccio and Papas Hauncaina using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Carpaccio and Papas Hauncaina
- You need of Aji Amarillo puree.
- You need 3 oz of Aji Ammarillo.
- You need 1/2 oz of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of Carpaccio.
- It’s 6 oz of Shaved tenderloin of beef.
- It’s of Potato Salad.
- It’s 9 oz of Purple Potatoes, cut and blanched.
- It’s 1/4 oz of chopped hard boiled egg.
- It’s 1 pinch of small diced red bell pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of small dice red onion.
- You need 1 pinch of small dice dill pickle.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of red wine vinegar.
Traditionally, it is a dish of thinly sliced raw meat or fish served with a salad and a vinaigrette or a sauce. Making carpaccio at home is very easy, as long as you have the right meat. You can either find a butcher who knows how to cut carpaccio properly, or. Papa a la Huancaina aka boiled potatoes in a spicy cheese sauce is a traditional dish that is a favorite throughout Peru.
Beef Carpaccio and Papas Hauncaina instructions
- Combine aji paste, oil and feta in a robo coupe. Set aside.
- Trim tenderloin, wrap in plastic and freeze..
- Combine all all ingredients for potato salad and set aside..
- Shave tenderloin as thin as possible and place on plate..
- Place a spoonful of aji paste on plate next to beef and smear with a spoon.
- Place 3 ounces of potato salad on the otherside next to the beef..
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin oil and fresh cracked black pepper..
It also makes a delicious and filling side dish for a meat main dish. Cheesy sauce always pairs well with beef. Serve with broiled steak—a cheaper cut like flatiron, flank, skirt or hanger. Beef carpaccio with mustard & parmesan sauce. In our house, thick mature steaks and large meat-cuts are saved for special occasions, like anniversaries or for family gatherings.