Papas Rellenas. Papas rellenas (English: stuffed potatoes) are the most popular type of croquettes in Latin American regions such as Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Colombia, & the Caribbean (more so the Dominican Republic, Cuba & Puerto Rico). Papa Rellena – Receta de Papa al Horno con Panceta y Queso. Papas rellenas de huevo / Egg stuffed potatoes.
Papa rellena means "stuffed potato", and it basically is mashed potato stuffed with minced beef, raisins, olives, and hard-boiled egg, and pan fried. The papa rellena is basically the Latin American version of potato croquettes and just about every Though most often the papa rellena is almost always stuffed with a mixture containing ground beef. Papas rellenas are the ultimate comfort food. You can cook Papas Rellenas using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Papas Rellenas
- You need 4 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
Typically filled with a seasoned beef mixture, this mashed potato croquette is popular throughout Latin America. Resultado de búsqueda de papas rellenas. Recetas de Papas rellenas de carne, Papas rellenas al horno y muchas más recetas de papas rellenas. Golden, tender, and warm papa rellenas are traditional Peruvian stuffed potatoes, a type of croquette consisting of fried mashed potatoes with a meat filling on the interior.
Papas Rellenas instructions
- Bring water to a boil.
- Brown ground pork and sausage (add seasoning as desired).
- Cut potatoes into cube pieces.
- Add potatoes to boiling water, cook until fork tender (I left skin on potatoes but it's your choice).
- Turn heat off potatoes, add milk and butter.
- Place pot of potatoes in refrigerator for a couple of hours (3hrs) to cool off.
- Take an ice cream scooper and form potatoes into ball.
- Break ball in half and add meat mixture and seal ball back.
- Whisk eggs into a bowl put aside, put bread crumbs in a bowl set aside.
- Get potato ball dip in egg mix, then bread crumb and place on cookie sheet (repeat until potatoes are gone).
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for an hour (1hr).
- Put vegetable oil in deep fryer and let get warm.
- (2) at a time place potato balls in vegetable oil, cook for about 5mins (until lightly brown).
- Cool off and serve.
Papas rellenas (on Spanish literally: stuffed potatoes) are a popular type of croquettes found in Peru and other Latin American countries. They are similar to a Jewish knish but vary in that the outer layer. To make the papas rellenas: Place the quartered potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft, then drain. La receta de Papa Rellena está hecha a base de papa con un relleno de carne.