Cheddarwurst in a blanket from scratch.
Ingredients of Cheddarwurst in a blanket from scratch
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of soften butter.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 envelope of dry active yeast.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare As needed of vegetable oil to coat the dough.
- You need 1 pound of cheddarwurst.
Cheddarwurst in a blanket from scratch step by step
- Mix the sugar, water, and yeast.
- Let it desolve and mix well..
- Mix the salt flour butter and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. Mix well..
- Add the yeast water.
- Knead well when it is mixed it will be a bit sticky..
- Add just enough oil to coat the outside of the dough..
- Cover in a warm area let it sit till it it doubles in size. If it's firm it's ready..
- Form into little golf sized balls..
- Form 6 of the balls into triangle shapes..
- Here they are the cheddarwurst.
- On the wide part of the triangle lay the cheddarwurst along the base..
- Roll it up put on a baking sheet or a hot cast iron skillet and bake 20 minutes..
- I used a hot cast iron skillet.
- Bake the balls on a baking sheet or a hot skillet for 20 minutes..
- Here is the cheddarwurst in a blanket I added butter and kosher salt on top..
- Here is the rolls with butter and kosher salt on top..
- Serve as is or with your favorite condiment. I hope you enjoy!.