German Potato Salad Batch 2. Hot potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard, and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now. It's the telltale sign of the ultimate German potato salad.
Thick-sliced potatoes tossed with bacon, onions, herbs, and mustardy vinaigrette. Serve it hot, warm, or cool at your next backyard Some recipes for German potato salad use butter or oil, but I find that the bacon provides plenty of richness all on its own. In this German potato salad, the typical American mayo dressing is replaced with pickled onions and a tangy vinaigrette. You can have German Potato Salad Batch 2 using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad Batch 2
- You need of For the boil.
- You need As needed of water to boil potatoes in.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of new potatoes.
- Prepare of Bacon.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of ground Chicerones.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare of Deglaze and Spices.
- You need 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground white pepper.
The recipe calls for new potatoes, such as baby gold or red bliss. These waxy potatoes hold their shape when cooked and have soft, creamy texture — and the. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over low heat until heated through. Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is different.some with bacon, some made with sour cream, some with.
German Potato Salad Batch 2 instructions
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 6-8 pieces each. Cover with water and add the teaspoon of salt. Boil till fork tender. Reserve some of the water..
- Fry the bacon till crispy. Remove from pan. Chop, and set aside..
- Dice the onion and sauté in the bacon drippings until translucent..
- Add the sugar, vinegar, potatoes and a bit of water, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the Chicerones..
- Stir well till the Chicerones are incorporated in. Add the bacon coating all the bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes..
- Add a little potato water if too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Pour bacon & grease over the potatoes. Stir thoroughly & serve at room temperature. MRS THEODORE (GLORIA) DOEDERLEIN From the , Fort Bliss Officers Wives Club, Ft. I'm not too big on the latter, but I have to hand it to the Germans with how they serve their potatoes, especially in potato salad. I remember lots of potatoes garnished with parsley, usually tossed in a light vinegar dressing, sometimes onions, and always blessedly mayo-free.