Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. This buttermilk ranch dressing is cool, creamy, garlicky and delicious over a romaine salad or as a dip for crudités or chips. Ranch dressing is essentially a buttermilk mayonnaise dressing spiffed up with herbs. It was popularized by Clorox, when they figured out a way to make their Hidden Valley brand shelf stable.
Most homemade ranch recipes contain sour cream and mayo as a I wanted to see if I could come up with a ranch dressing without buttermilk that didn't seem like it was. Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is a classic dressing recipe. Made of buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, herbs, and spices, this ranch dressing recipe is a must-have. You can cook Buttermilk Ranch Dressing using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
I also used minced garlic instead of garlic. A creamy low-fat ranch dressing made with buttermilk and fresh herbs. Perfect to serve with end-of-summer garden vegetables! There is nothing better than homemade dressing.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing instructions
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and blend well..
- When measuring the spices, I used heaping 1/4 teaspoons because I like a little extra flavor..
- For best flavor, refrigerate 24 hours before serving to allow spices to marinate..
Buttermilk Ranch: Some people prefer the buttery flavor from a buttermilk ranch dressing over a regular ranch dressing. If I am talking about it, you only have to make one modification to this recipe. This dressing is fresh and creamy and tangy. It's so much better than store-bought, the perfect partner for fresh salads and veggie trays! Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is an indulgence for me because it feels indulgent.