Crispy Coconut Tofu.
Ingredients of Crispy Coconut Tofu
- You need 1 of firm tofu block of extra.
- Prepare of coconut oil tofu for frying.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of garlic tbl powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of coconut tbl shredded.
- It’s of Noodles :.
- Prepare of Egg noodles Fresh (ramen) – not the dried crap.
- You need 1 large handful of spinach of fresh.
- Prepare 1 handful of grape / cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of soy sauce tbl.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need a few of basil leaves.
Crispy Coconut Tofu step by step
- Drain the tofu. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and dry the tofu as best you can. Sometimes I wrap the tofu in paper towels and place something heavy on it overnight in the fridge to really get excess moisture out..
- Cut the tofu in bite sized pieces. Combine the cornstarch garlic powder, salt and coconut in a bowl. Toss the tofu in the bowl coating really well..
- In a pan heat about 3 tbl coconut oil over medium high heat, add about half of the tofu pieces and brown on all 4 sides. Repeat with the second half of coated tofu..
- When you are on the seperate batch of tofu, move the tofu to one side of the pan and on the other side, add the tomatoes and onions. Cook the vegetables until blistered and soft..
- In a seperate pot heat water until boiling then add the ramen just until it starts to seperate..
- Drain the ramen and toss the spinach, a drizzle of olive oil, and soy sauce with the ramen until the spinach wilts. Then add and toss the tomatoes and onions..
- Arrange the ramen on a dish and top with tofu. Slice a few basil leaves and sprinkle on top..
- That is some good comfort food!.