Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing. This Japanese eggplant recipe is all about that umami-rich miso glaze, which you can use on all kinds of root vegetables. Arrange a rack in upper third of oven and heat to broil. This is a simple miso and sesame dressing you can make quickly.
Whisk miso paste into rice vinegar in a bowl until smooth. Miso is a Japanese staple with a slightly salty, pungent flavor. Find it in the international or refrigerated aisle at your grocery store. You can cook Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing
- You need of Eggplant.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare of Celery.
- It’s of Red bell pepper.
- You need of Green onion.
- Prepare of Vinegar or Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of Miso paste.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- You need of Fry.
- Prepare of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Oil.
Arrange on a serving platter, and drizzle with desired amount of miso. Combine the miso and vinegar (or vinegar and lime juice) in a small bowl and whisk together. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until amalgamated. I absolutely love this Miso Eggplant recipe – it's that perfect mix of sweet/salty and is so easy to make.
Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing instructions
- Minced the dressing veggies. Sauté the veggies in the fry pan with oil low medium heat.
- Add 2 table spoons of vinegar. Mix it up until veggies soaked and add 1 teaspoon of sugar. And add 2 table spoon of miso. Mix it up.
- Cut eggplant and put in a bowl mix in a 1 cup of cornstarch. Cover eggplant in cornstarch.
- In low medium heat, warm up oil in fry pan and fry eggplant until it’s brown and crispy.
- When your eggplant is fried put in a plate and put the dressing on top and enjoy!.
Delicious as a side to any Japanese-inspired dish or on their own with some sautéed greens and brown rice – it's my go-to recipe for last-minute dinner guests, guaranteed to impress! Easy to prepare, this eggplant dish can be both an elegant and unctuous side or entrée dish. Recipe created by Nami of JustOneCookbook.com. Marinate eggplant in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Eggplant and broccoli with coriander and sesame seeds is probably enough to hook you.