Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy. In this video Optipictual Artist Lyric Jones cooks homemade cornbread dressing with chicken gravy. Also you'll witness the onion and candle theory suggested. Chicken and cornbread dressing in a casserole form and served with homemade gravy is pure comfort food anytime of the year.
Skillet cornbread is combined with chicken stock, celery, onion, and spices creating the perfect Next place slices of bread to the top of dressing mixture. Cornbread Dressing is a classic southern dish served especially during the holiday season. Moist and delicious, cornbread dressing makes the perfect Crumble all of the cornbread and biscuits (or white bread slices) into a large bowl. You can have Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy
- Prepare of gravy.
- It’s 2 lb of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 2 cup of sr flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 31 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare of stuffing.
- It’s 2 lb of cornbread stuffing.
- It’s 42 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rubbed sage.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
Add salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, butter, cream of chicken soup. Everyone loves this southern homemade cornbread dressing. Add shredded chicken into the cornbread mixture. Add in the broth a little at a time.
Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy step by step
- Chop the chicken preheat oven 425°Fahrenheit.
- Add oil to a deep pan add chicken stir well cover cook till done.
- Add flour to chicken add spices let flour get incorporated well add more oil if needed.
- Add broth and water stirring constantly it will thin as it heats it will thicken add water if needed taste adjust spices to you wants.
- In a pan 9×13 add half the dressing on top of that add spices across the top of dry stuffing covering the whole thing then add the other half of stuffing.
- Pour your broth all around on top of the stuffing have water ready mix the stuffing well add water as you mix making sure all stuffing is wet put in oven 30 minutes.
- After that I put mine in broiler to brown.
- Serve with chicken gravy on top.
Use day-old corn bread for best result or toast the cornbread to dry it out. Be sure to taste it before adding the eggs.. Chicken Gravy recipe: Try this Southern Chicken and Cornbread Dressing with Homemade Chicken Gravy recipe, or contribute your own. For the gravy, heat the fat in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Stir in flour, cooking and stirring with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.