Stetson chopped salad. Reviews for: Photos of Stetson Chopped Salad. Stetson Chopped Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is from Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, AZ.
Now that Cowboy Ciao has closed, here are five places you can still get one. This Stetson Chopped Salad is most popular in Arizona and the Wild West. Known as a cowboy's salad, it begins with a base of couscous and arugula topped with corn kernels, cherry tomatoes. You can cook Stetson chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stetson chopped salad
- You need 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomato (I use a quality heirloom) make a day ahead of time because it will be marinated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freeze dried sweet corn (ordered on amazon).
- You need 1/2 cup of craisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of pepitas (toasted pumpkins seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated Asiago.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped arugula.
- You need 3-4 oz of quality chopped smoked salmon (substitute chicken if you do not like salmon).
- You need of Basil buttermilk ranch (see my recipe) I make the dressing for this 2 days ahead of time.
- Prepare of Avocado diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Balsamic.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Evo.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Stetson Chopped Salad recipe: Chopped salad with arugula, cous cous, trail mix, dried corn, and marinated tomatoes. Add your favorite meat or fish. Home recipes > Courses > salad > Cowboy Ciao Stetson Chopped Salad. Arrange salad ingredients in separate rows on a large platter.
Stetson chopped salad instructions
- The day before dice the tomatoes. Add the evo, balsamic, dried basil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the tomatoes and coat well then add to an air tonight container and store over night in the fridge. Do not drown the tomatoes but merely allow them to be coated well..
- Boil the couscous first. When couscous is done drain them of any excess water then rinse under cool water to remove some of the starch so they don’t stick together, set aside. Make sure you buy the pearls and not couscous mixed with rice, see picture below..
- Lay the arugula down first then divide the ingredients however you want between two bowls/plates of your choice and grate fresh Asiago on top followed by the dressing, mix well..
- I like to add the salad to a mixing bowl, add the dressing, grate the cheese, toss really well then add back to the plate or bowl and serve with garlic cheese bread..
To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a. This is a great salad for dinner parties. It's not only impressive looking, it's delicious and makes for great leftovers. If you don't have time to make the salad dressing, store bought works great too. This chopped salad recipe is packed with colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a.