Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad.
Ingredients of Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced (use a garlic press).
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 5 of navel oranges.
- It’s 3 of avacados.
- Prepare of Lime juice.
- Prepare of Smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Sea Salt.
- You need leaves of Cilantro.
Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad instructions
- Peel the carrots and cut on the bias into long slices about 1/2 to 1/2 inch thick. Put the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with the ground coriander and fennel seeds, minced garlic and salt to taste and toss well. Roast at 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots are tender. This can be done in advance..
- While the carrots are roasting prepare the oranges and avocados. Cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges, then peel them, using the knife and cutting down the top to bottom all around the orange; slice the oranges across the grain forming pin wheels of about 1/3 inch thick. Halve the avocados, remove the pit and then using a large soup spoon remove the flesh from the skin. Cut each avocado half into about 6 wedges..
- When the carrots are done, assemble on the salad plates, arranging the carrot slices, orange slices and avocado wedges. Put a few cilantro leaves on each salad and drizzle with just a little olive oil. Drizzle with just a little lime juice and then dust with smoked paprika and sea salt. This can also be made into a salad with adding salad greens, cherry tomatoes and saving the avocado at the very end..