Toasted Sesame Dressing. Home » Condiments & Sauces » Toasted Sesame Asian Salad Dressing. It's an easy and healthy dressing packing with amazing flavor and even a little crunch with toasted sesame seeds. Fantastic Asian Sesame Dressing made with soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar.
Sesame salad dressing is very popular in Japan and is sometimes known as goma dressing (goma Grind the toasted sesame seeds with a motor and pestle, food processor, or clean coffee grinder. This Asian toasted sesame dressing is bright and refreshing. Pair your salad with a warm bowl of cream of potato soup for an easy weeknight dinner. You can cook Toasted Sesame Dressing using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toasted Sesame Dressing
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken bouillon powder, dissolved in 1/3 cup very hot water.
- You need 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of 5-spice powder.
This Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing is a versatile and economical ingredient for no more boring salads! The toasted sesame, oriental flavor will make an ordinary lettuce salad extraordinary. Mix just for a few seconds more and you are ready to roll. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
Toasted Sesame Dressing step by step
- NOTE: You must use TOASTED Sesame Oil and SEASONED Rice Vinegar to get the proper flavor. If you're unable to find them in your market, they are available online. I've tried making it with plain sesame oil and rice vinegar, and it's just not that good..
- Whisk all ingredients together well, or mix in a blender. I prefer using a blender because the oil stays blended with the other ingredients longer. Refrigerate in a covered bottle or jar. Shake well before using..
Pour dressing in a glass jar, cover and store in the fridge. A fresh and zesty summer salad dressing recipe. Dry fry the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat until toasted and starting to release their aroma. An easy method for toasting sesame seeds three ways: In the oven, on the stove, or in Do you have to toast sesame seeds? Although sesame seeds are safe to eat raw, toasting the seeds enhances.