Chicken salad. At Chicken Salad Chick, our food is made fresh and served from the heart. Come in or order online to discover our delicious variety of fresh, craveable flavors! Find our best and tastiest chicken salad recipes, perfect for fancy brunch or for a simple and delicious sandwich.
In the United States, "chicken salad" refers to either any salad with chicken. This family favorite chicken salad is made with celery, bell pepper, green olives, apple, lettuce, and mayo—plus a secret ingredient that makes all the difference! An easy Chicken Salad recipe from Food Network Kitchen starts with poaching your chicken breasts in an herb-infused broth to keep them extra moist. You can cook Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- It’s 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- It’s 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
This chicken salad recipe is perfect with a fluffy jacket potato or some egg noodles and low-fat too. Use ready-roasted chicken to shred into your salad and pack up any leftovers for lunch the next day. This easy chicken salad recipe with grapes makes the best chicken salad sandwiches! I've been making this healthy chicken salad recipe for years.
Chicken salad instructions
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
It's great for make ahead lunches! Use leftover chicken to make delicious chicken salad recipes from My Food and Family! To see one of our chicken salad recipes in action, check out our how to make a great grilled chicken salad video. These Knockout Chicken Salad Sandwiches will turn your lunch from boring to spectacular! They're packed with flavor and really quick and easy to make.