LadyIncognito's Homestyle Cornbread Dressing.
Ingredients of LadyIncognito's Homestyle Cornbread Dressing
- You need 5 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of Jimmy Dean reduced fat breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 2 lb of ham pieces chopped into bite sized morsels.
- You need 2 of medium onions diced.
- Prepare 4 of stalks of celery diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of poblano pepper diced.
- Prepare of season with black pepper, lemon pepper, and parsley flakes to taste.
- It’s of paprika (optional) just a pinch for color.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of 13×9 baking pan.
- It’s 1 of larger baking pan to hold all ingredients..
LadyIncognito's Homestyle Cornbread Dressing step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine first three items and prepare cornbread as directed on box. Pour into a 13"x9" baking pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes..
- While the cornbread is baking take the breakfast sausage roll and break into quarters and boil in four cups of water in a medium pot. Let it cool and then chop into bite sized morsels. Reserve the water for later use..
- Saute the remaining ingredients in a skillet with about three tablespoons of olive oil until the onions and celery have turned opaque. Add the diced sausage and saute for another five-ten minutes..
- After the cornbread has cooled down use your hands and crumble it. Place into the second larger baking pan. Add all the sauteed meats and veggies to the pan. Add the chicken broth to the mixture and mix together. Mixture should be slightly moist..
- If it feels to stiff to mix add the reserved water until it is less than a mushy consistency. Smooth it out evenly. Baked covered for about an hour to meld the flavors together..
- Bake for another thirty minutes uncovered to help it completely dry out and get a beautiful golden and crusty top..