[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream
- It’s 2 (14 oz) of cans full fat Coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, sifted (unsweetened cocoa powder is fine too).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- You need 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of creamy almond butter, unsalted (or any creamy unsalted nut butter).
[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream instructions
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk with the cacao powder, tapioca, and maple syrup. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook while stirring with the whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat, then whisk in the almond butter, vanilla and sea salt until fully combined and smooth..
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes, stirring. A film might begin to form on top – this is normal, simply whisk to blend it away..
- Transfer the mixture to a medium loaf pan (I used an 8.5 x 4.5} and cover the top with plastic wrap so the plastic is in full contact with the mixture. wrap again tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer, freeze 6 hours or overnight..
- As with most homemade no-churn ice creams, once fully frozen, you will need to allow it to thaw on the countertop for 15-30 minutes prior to scooping..
#vegan #ice cream #dessert #easy #mash