Ramen. You may remember me from such bowls as "First Dish I Learned to Cook On My Own Despite its popularity among the cash-strapped and the sodium-starved, the world or ramen extends. Today I show you how to make authentic Japanese ramen. You'll love this delicious homemade ramen.
All posts should be about ramen (this is a ramen subreddit after all). The Best Seafood Ramen Recipes on Yummly Korean Seafood Ramen, Easy Homemade Ramen, Beef Ramen. You can cook Ramen using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ramen
- It’s 6 cups of broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of ginger (about 3-inch), diced.
- It’s 0.5 ounces of dehydrated mushrooms (eg. shiitake).
- Prepare of olive oil (eg. sesame, grape seed or olive).
- It’s 8 ounces of noodles.
- It’s of toppings (eg. boiled eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tofu, carrots…).
From Japanese ラーメン (rāmen), from Mandarin 拉麵 / 拉面 (lāmiàn, "pulled noodles"). (UK) IPA(key): /ɹɑːmən/. Rhymes: -ɑːmən. ramen (countable and uncountable, plural ramens). Soup noodles of wheat, with various ingredients (Japanese style). A type of instant noodles. ramen (not comparable).
- In a large pot, add 2 tbsp of oil, garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes..
- Add 1 cup of the vegetable broth and scrape up any bits that stuck to the bottom. Add remaining 5 cups of the broth, soy sauce, and dehydrated mushrooms, stir..
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for at least 30min. The longer it cooks, the more the flavor will deepen and develop. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed..
- Prepare any desired toppings (eg. eggs, spinach, mushrooms, carrots, tofu…)..
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions. Once ready, drain and set aside..
- Strain broth and reserve mushrooms for serving. Place the ramen noodles in serving bowls. Top with strained broth and the toppings..