Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings). Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. Jakarta Street Food – Local Indonesian Gado-Gado!
A popular street dish in Indonesia, gado gado ("mix-mix") is just the thing to shake up your weeknight routine. Hard-cooked eggs, toasted tofu, bean sprouts, and vegetables come together with drizzles of spicy, habit-forming peanut sauce. This is a light and refreshing salad popular in many parts of Indonesia. You can have Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings)
- It’s of Lontong (Indonesian rice cake).
- You need 2 of medium potato, boiled, peeled, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber, cut into small chunks.
- It’s 150 gr of bean sprouts, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- Prepare 200 gr of long beans, trimmed, cut into 1.5 inches pieces, boiled or baby spinach, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- You need 2 pieces of fried tofu, cut into small chunks.
- You need 2 pieces of fried soy bean cake, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 8 sheets of lettuce, cut.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tsp of coconut sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamarind juice, from 1 tsp wet tamarind mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare 200 ml of instant coconut milk.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves, cut away the bones.
- You need 200 gr of peanuts, fried, ground.
- You need of For the ground spices:.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of red peppers.
- Prepare 1 inch of cutchery.
- You need of For the complement:.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, divided by 8.
- You need 2 of hard cooked large eggs, peeled, halved.
- Prepare of Emping (Indonesian chips).
- It’s of Indonesian crispy crackers.
- You need of Chili sauce (made of 8 bird eyes chili peppers and 4 cloves garlic, boiled, drained, ground).
Gado gado is absolutely one of my favorite Indonesian salad. The salad is usually built on mainly cooked vegetables, though sometimes there's a Gado gado sauce is made with ground peanuts, spices, herbs, kecap manis and coconut milk. Doubled up on the recipe for the dressing then you can. Indonesian Gado Gado is a basically a mix of salad type ingredients along with a few other key items.
Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) step by step
- Heat the vegetable oil. Sauté ground spices and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add ground peanuts. Mix well..
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Keep stirring constantly until boiling..
- Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Arrange rice cake chunks, boiled potato, cucumber, bean sprouts, spinach, fried tofu, fried soy bean cake, and lettuce on a plate. Pour some sauce. Serve with the complement! .
Gado Gado literally means mix-mix so you get The star of this dish however is the delicious peanut dressing. Many of the vegetables ingredients are either blanched or cooked or sometimes fresh. Gado-gado (in Bahasa Indonesian or Betawi Malay, the language of Jakarta), also known as lotek (in Sundanese and Javanese), is an Indonesian salad of various blanched or steamed vegetables, also accompanied with hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu, tempeh, as well chopped as lontong or. Gado Gado is a brilliant Indonesian salad of crunchy and juicy veggies drowned in a multi-flavored peanut sauce. The sweet, tangy and spicy sauce has an exciting mouth-feel thanks to the rustic texture of peanuts and the succulence of sautéed onions.