Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- It’s 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- It’s 1 of apple, cored and diced.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and grated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pepitas (or sunflower seeds).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayo.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey (or more to taste).
- You need 2 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- You need pinch of salt.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing step by step
- Start by soaking your diced apples in a mix of 1 cup water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice for 5 minutes. This will help prevent them from browning. Then drain them and place them in a large bowl..
- For the broccoli, you want to trim off the florets into small, bite sized pieces. Place them in the bowl with the apples, the grated carrot, the dried cranberries, walnuts and pepitas (or sunflower seeds). Toss it all together..
- Next, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream (or yogurt), the remaining 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, honey, poppy seeds and salt. Taste and add either more lemon juice or more honey, to suit your taste..
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to incorporate the dressing onto everything..
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving and refrigerate any leftovers. This will stay good for 2-3 days..