Caldo de queso con papas (cheese & potato soup). A must make easy comfort soup recipe. Popular in the Sonora region of Mexico. I know you cheese fans will love this one as much as Cloud and.
Right before serving add the cheese. Easy recipe for a flavorful, different potato cheese soup from northern Mexico (Caldo de queso y papa), perfect as a hearty starter or light main Made with fresh white cheese and roasted peppers, Sonoran Cheese and Potato Soup is satisfying, comforting, and pleasingly different. (c) Robin Grose. Caldo de queso is a traditional queso (cheese) soup made in places in Hermosillo, Sonora (north Mexico). You can have Caldo de queso con papas (cheese & potato soup) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caldo de queso con papas (cheese & potato soup)
- You need 2 cans of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 of 12-14 oz. can of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1 (14 oz.) of can of diced green chiles.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 6-8 of large potatoes peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf or ground pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery and leaves diced.
- Prepare 1 can of or 14 oz of water.
- It’s of Shredded Mexican blend or pepper jack cheese.
The soup is made with boiled water, diced potatoes, onions, tomato, chile verde and oregano. Agregamos el tomate finamente picado y la cebolla partida en julianas. When you buy the queso fresco check the taste, some of them are salty so have in mind that if the cheese you bought is salty you may want to add This is the best Caldo de Queso!! If you get fresh roasted green chili and good cheese its makes the whole soup!
Caldo de queso con papas (cheese & potato soup) step by step
- Sauté onion and celery in oil.
- Add chicken broth, water, bay leaf or pepper, and potatoes. Boil until potatoes are cooked.
- Add in evaporated milk, diced green chiles, and shredded cheese stir until cheese is melted throughout.
- Top with additional shredded cheese and green onions (if desired).
I am keeping this recipe to make over. Receta Caldo de Papa con Queso estilo Sonora. Add about half of the can of evaporated milk. Cut the queso fresco into large cubes or chunks. Add the cheese and the chili shreds to the soup.