Healthy Lentil Crepes (Adai). Adai is a dosa-like crepe made with a higher concentration of daal to rice, making it a healthier option. Its a protein-packed meal as well as quick snack. Adai is a traditional South Indian breakfast pancake recipe made with the combination of different lentils and rice.
Try Adai, a combination of colorful lentils and rice. Adai is slightly thicker than a dosa. This crepe is popularly called 'Adai Dosa'. You can have Healthy Lentil Crepes (Adai) using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Lentil Crepes (Adai)
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Toor Dal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Moong Dal.
- You need 1/4 cup of Masoor Dal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Urad Dal.
- You need 1/4 cup of Rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Millet.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hemp seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flax seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chia seeds.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cummin seeds.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece ginger.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of hing.
- Prepare as needed of Salt and water.
- You need of Chopped onion (optional).
- It’s of Chopped Coriander (optional).
- It’s as needed of Oil or ghee.
You can make this crepe either for breakfast or for the evening snack. Lentils are nutrient-dense and tasty as well. Though lentils tend to induce gas in the stomach, ginger and asafoetida used in the recipe prevent from. Lentil Crepes, Vazhaipoo Bajra Adai – a delicious crepe made with Banana Florets, Pearl Millet and lentils Barley red rice lentil adai i multi lentil crepe i healthy breakfast I have prepared the multi lentil, rice adai/crepe.
Healthy Lentil Crepes (Adai) step by step
- Soak the dals and seeds with the red chillies, cummin, ginger for 6 hours.
- Grind the mixture adding salt, turmeric, hing to a batter..
- Grease the dosa griddle with oil. Spread the batter like dosa. Add oil or ghee as needed. Cook on one side until it browns. Flip and cook the other side..
- You can also add onions and coriander to the batter before making dosa. It makes the dosa more flavorful..
- Serve with chutney and jaggery.
It should be very nutritious and filling as it contains many healthy rice like. Made with different grains and lentils, adai (like a dosa) is a healthy breakfast option you can try! If you are bored eating the normal dosa (rice and lentil crepe) or masala dosa every weekend, try out this tasty and nutritious adai. Dear Blog, Wonderful thing happened last weekend that I would love to share. Most of my friends are scientists.