Adai recipe | Adai dosa | How to make adai recipe. Adai recipe – Adai is a healthy, protein rich & nutrient dense Breakfast made of mixed lentils & spices. It is one of the most commonly eaten foods from Tamil But traditionally adai is made slightly thick. However it is a personal choice.
Adai dosa recipe is very famous in the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Adai recipe, Once you try this traditional way, the recipe followed for many years, you will fall for it. The batter should be thicker than our idly dosa batter. You can cook Adai recipe | Adai dosa | How to make adai recipe using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Adai recipe | Adai dosa | How to make adai recipe
- You need 3/4 cup of rice (idly rice or short grain parboiled rice like sona masuri or ponni) or Idli rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chana dal or split skinned bengal gram.
- You need 1/4 cup of toor dal or split skinned pigeon peas.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of moong dal or split skinned green gram.
- You need 2 tbsps of urad dal or split skinned black gram.
- It’s 3/4-1 inch of ginger.
- You need 4-5 of red chilies (l use less spicy variety, use as desired).
- Prepare 3/4-1 tsp of jeera.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Hing or asafoetida.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt as needed.
- You need as required of Water to make batter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil or ghee as needed.
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
Adai dosa- A savory pancake made with rice and mixed lentil. Adai is a very popular and healthy South Indian breakfast item. Adai can be thick like uttapam or like a medium thick dosa, again the thickness depends on your preference. My daughter like to have it like dosa so make it how crisp you.
Adai recipe | Adai dosa | How to make adai recipe instructions
- Add all the lentils or dals – chana, toor, urad and moong dal to a large pot. Wash them very well 3 times..
- Pour enough water and soak them for 2 to 3 hours. You can also leave them overnight for 8 hours..
- Add rice to another large pot and wash 3 times..
- Next add red chilies to the rice and soak them for 2 to 3 hours. Same this one too you can leave the rice overnight for 8 hours..
- Drain the water from both the pots..
- Add rice and red chilies to a blender jar along with little water. Blend to a slightly coarse paste or thick batter..
- Transfer the batter to a pot. Add dals, jeera and ginger to the jar. Also add little water and blend to a slightly coarse thick batter. Mix this with the rice batter..
- Heat a pan. Add few drops of oil and smear it all over the pan with a tissue..
- While the pan heats, add chopped onions, salt, hing, coriander leaves to the batter. Mix everything well..
- If you prefer to make thick adai, the consistency of the batter must be thick but of spreading consistency..
- If you prefer thin adai, then add more water as needed. Mix well to bring the consistency to a slightly less thick batter, not runny. The batter must be easily spreadable on the pan..
- Regulate the flame to medium. Make sure the pan is hot. Pour one ladle of batter and spread it quickly like a dosa. Spread it to thick or thin adai as per your liking. Add 1/2 tsp oil or ghee across the edges. Cook on a medium heat..
- When it gets cooked on one side, the edges loosen from the pan slightly. Flip it and cook on the other side as well. Make sure it is cooked on both the sides until crisp..
- Serve adai dosa with coconut chutney or aviyal..
Adai dosa -Tamilnadu special Dosa made with a combination of mixed lentils and rice. Protein packed , super healthy and tasty ! Since Adai dosa has a lot of Dal, the batter gets fermented very quickly when compared to the regular ones. I can have adai(adai dosa) even daily…. This version amma makes – the dosa style is my fav not to thick not too thin.