Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod. This Lebanese version of traditional lentil soup with spinach is seasoned with mint and lemon juice. It's traditionally served with toasted French bread for dipping. All Reviews for Adas bil Hamod (Lebanese Lentil Lemon Soup).
Upgrade your average brown lentil soup with this recipe by adding swiss chard, lemon and potatoes in this traditional Lebanese soup. Visually speaking, the soup is a feast for the eyes; Adas bhamod is made of lentils, dark leafy Swiss chard, onions, potato and cilantro. I appreciate how incredibly Adas Bil Hamod is nutrient-rich and flavorful! You can cook Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod
- Prepare of spinach, shredded.
- Prepare of brown lentils.
- You need of medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- It’s of medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of salt.
A healthy veggie and a protein packed soup. and an excellent source of vitamins A, K and C. This Lebanese version of traditional lentil soup with spinach is seasoned with mint and lemon juice. It's traditionally served with toasted French bread for I Timings vary depending on your appliance. On the hob: Empty soup into pan.
Lentil soup: Adas bi Hamod step by step
- In a pot, boil the lentils with 6 to 7 cups of water over medium heat for about 40 min..
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small pan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until they become golden in color..
- When the lentils are cooked, add the onion and garlic mixture, potato cubes, spinach, salt and 4 cups of water and stir..
- Cover the pot and leave on medium heat for 40 min or until the potato and spinach are well cooked. Add the lemon juice after removing from heat..
- Serve hot..
A rich lentil soup recipe which I've adapted from an online Jamie Oliver. Travel to the Middle East by Lebanese Lentil Soup Recipe Health Benefits. Our homemade Adas Bil Hamod recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients! This warming lentil soup with flavors inspired by the Middle East is packed with greens and beans—two Blue Zones diet staples you should always have in the kitchen. The soup is flavoured with lemon juice and you can add pomegranate molasses as well for a more complex tang.