Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap). Kecap manis is such a deliciously versatile sauce and will do wonders for a vast variety of Asian-inspired dishes! The word manis means "sweet" in Malay/Indonesian and so the sauce is often referred to as "sweet soy sauce." The method for making it is much like a balsamic vinegar reduction. Mix in cubes of tofu into beaten eggs.
You can find them all over Indonesia, raw or cooked in Tempe is produced through fermenting soybeans using tempe starter yeast, while tofu is produced through turning soybeans into soy milk and adding. The Best Indonesian Salad Recipes on Yummly Indonesian Tofu, Bean Sprout, And Cucumber Salad With Spicy Peanut DressingShiny Cooking. You can have Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap)
- It’s of For salad:.
- You need of Deep fried tofu (you can use silk or firm tofu then fried it) mine I bought it in Asian store and it’s already fried.
- It’s of Fried egg (egg omelette).
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Shredded carrot.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Chopped green onion.
- It’s of Little oil.
- You need of For sauce:.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- You need of Sliced shallots.
- It’s of Chopped birds chilliest or Thai chilies.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
In Indonesian, tahu = tofu, goreng= fried, kecap = soy sauce. In this case, it is sweet soy sauce or famously known as kecap manis. So tahu goreng kecap is basically fried tofu served on a bed of veggies such as cabbage, bean sprouts, tomatoes, sometimes lontong (rice cakes), and dressed with. Sambal Tauco Labu Siam – Chayote in Spicy Fermented Soy Beans.
Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) instructions
- For salad: In a small bowl crack the egg and beat it until no white remind. Set aside..
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Pour in eggs and tilt pan so eggs fully cover the entire pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flipped over, cook another side too..
- When the egg turns golden brown turns off the heat. Transfer the egg omelette on a plate or cutting board. You can sliced or either leave it as it is..
- Sliced the fried tofu. And mixed all the vegetables..
- For the sauce: In a small bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mixed well..
- For assembly: I like to arrange the whole omelette on a plate, then add the vegetables on it. Sprinkle with tofu sliced then lastly pour the sauce over the tofu. But of course you can sliced your omelette and arranged it with the rest of the ingredients..
- Enjoy ?.
- Note: For me I like to enjoy it with Indonesian shrimp crackers..
- ❤️HappyCooking ❤️.
Kecap manis [pronounced: ketchup MAH-nees] is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce and ubiquitous ingredient in Indonesian cooking especially Java. You may see two other different spellings beside kecap; kicap and ketjap. Kicap is used by the Malaysian while ketjap is used by the Dutch. Are you looking for the perfect tofu egg salad recipe? With a tablespoon of mustard to give it a yellowish hue, this vegan tofu egg salad recipe looks and tastes like egg salad.