Adai Dosa – Multi lentil Crepe. The first time I had these Adai/Lentil Dosa was at my friend Upsi's place. Adai is a dosa-like crepe made with a higher concentration of daal to rice, making it a healthier option. Its a protein-packed meal as well as quick snack.
To make adai dosa recipe, mixed dal/ lentils like chana dal, toor dal, moong and urad dal are used along with rice. Similar to the plain dosa recipe, each family. Adai is a lentil crepe, very similar to Dosa but highly nutritious. You can have Adai Dosa – Multi lentil Crepe using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Adai Dosa – Multi lentil Crepe
- It’s of batter :.
- Prepare of boiled rice.
- It’s of Toor Dal.
- Prepare of dal.
- You need of Urad Dal.
- You need of Moong Dal / Green Gram.
- It’s of Grated Coconut.
- It’s of Asafoetida.
- It’s of Red Chillies (Decrease or increase as per taste).
- It’s of Rock Salt.
- Prepare of ingredients:(for making it more tastier).
- Prepare of Finely Chopped Onion, Curry leaves, Coriander.
- Prepare of Oil during Adai preparation.
It belongs to the South Indian Cuisine and is a popular breakfast followed by IDLI, DOSA AND The Adai Dosa Batter or Adai Maavu does not require any fermentation and can be made instantly. Healthy drumstick leaves adai dosa which has great flavour and taste. It is not only tasty but is very filling and nutritious. This is great for diabetics too.
Adai Dosa – Multi lentil Crepe step by step
- Wash and soak Rice in water. Also wash all the Dal and soak them together along with Red Chillies. After 2 hrs of soaking start grinding the Rice (drain water) adding very little water. When 50% of Rice is done drain the Dal and add to it and grind along with Red Chillies. The final batter has to be little coarse & not fine. Add Asafoetida, Rocksalt and mix well. Batter is ready for preparing Adai. No fermentation required..
- You may keep the batter refrigerated if you are not going to prepare the Adai. Fermentation happens fast. When you want to prepare Adai, remove the required portion of batter in another vessel and add Chooped Oinion, Curry leaves and chopped Coriander. Mix well. Take a ladle ful of batter and spread in circular motion on a hot Tawa. Keep the flame in medium and cook..
- When one side is cooked flip the other side and cook. Use of liberal oil over the Adai will help to make it Crispy..
- Tips: This Adai can be prepared either thick or by adding a little water to the batter can prepare thin Adai too. Adai Aviyal (vegetables cooked in blended coconut paste with green Chillies) is considered a best combination. This Adai batter in thick form can be refrigerated and kept and used over 2 days. Tastes the best on the first day. Some like to eat it straight without any accompaniment. Jaggery as accompaniment gives a Hot and Sweet taste..
Let us know how it was! You can add any dals you like. Lentil crepe is called 'Adai Dosa'. Mung bean, split black gram, Split chickpeas, pigeon pea, rice, and fresh herbs are the main ingredients. This crepe is popularly called 'Adai Dosa'.