Pecan Pie. Pecan pie is a pie of pecan nuts mixed with a filling of eggs, butter, and sugar (typically corn syrup). Variations may include white or brown sugar, cane syrup, sugar syrup, molasses, maple syrup, or honey. These best pecan pie recipes will have all of your Thanksgiving guests asking for seconds!
Pecan Pie is always a favorite with my family and this one is dynamite! One thing that should be in the instructions is that the water and corn starch are mixed together before adding to the sugar mixture. This easy pecan pie recipe is a classic dessert that's perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can have Pecan Pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- You need 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s of Flour, for rolling the dough.
- It’s 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped toasted pecans.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of bourbon.
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
Pecan pie itself, though, is a more recent invention. One might ask what this Japanese born Aussie gal is doing, determined to master this great American classic. Well, it goes back to the story of this website. Do you love Pecan Pie as much as I?
Pecan Pie instructions
- Make the dough by hand: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, mix in the butter into the dry ingredients until it properly mixed..
- Add the egg and stir the dough together with a fork or by hand in the bowl. If the dough is dry, sprinkle up to a tablespoon more of cold water over the mixture..
- Form the dough together in a round shape, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle and the dough needs to be pie thick. Transfer the dough to a pie pan and trim the edges, leaving about an extra inch hanging over the edge. Tuck the overhanging dough underneath itself to form a thick edge that is even with the rim. Freeze the pie dough for another 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put a piece of parchment paper or foil over the pie dough and fill with dried beans. Bake on a baking sheet until the dough is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and lift sides of the parchment paper to remove the beans. Continue baking until the pie shell is lightly golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F..
- While the crust is baking make the filling: In medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stirring constantly, continue to boil for a minute. Remove from heat and stir in the nuts, bourbon, and the vanilla. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. (If the crust has cooled, return it to the oven for 5 minutes to warm through.) Whisk the beaten eggs into the filling until smooth. Put the pie shell on a sheet pan.
- Pour the filling into the hot crust. Bake until the edges are set but the center is still slightly loose, about 40 to 45 minutes. (If the edges get very dark, cover them with aluminum foil half way during baking.) Cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm or room temperature with whip cream or ice cream.
Or are you among the unfortunate humans who has never Although it can be served warm, Pecan Pie is best when it's completely set. This homemade pecan pie made with a healthy pie crust and healthy pecan pie filling is so easy and delicious – it's awesome to enjoy a family favorite without sacrificing your healthy eating goals! Pecan pie is a scrumptious dessert that is especially delicious on Thanksgiving, Christmas and other winter days. Pecans are mixed with a sugar-based filling that contrasts perfectly with a buttery crust. My homemade pecan pie is classic and simple with an unexpected dash of cinnamon.