A.l.s (avocado, lettuce and spam) sandwich. Sliced avocado and tomato, lettuce with toasted whole wheat bread. For a couple glorious years we even had an avocado tree, until it died in a freeze. 🙁 So no wonder my father's most treasured sandwich is, as he affectionately calls it, the A. T.—avocado, lettuce, and tomato, on toast.
They're perfect for a summer supper. A healthier version of the BLT, this sandwich is nutrient-rich. Avocados are fattening, but they provide heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. You can have A.l.s (avocado, lettuce and spam) sandwich using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A.l.s (avocado, lettuce and spam) sandwich
- You need of bread (I used white).
- Prepare of lettuce.
- You need of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of spam.
- Prepare of avacado.
- You need of canola oil.
- You need of large avocados.
My favorite vegan sandwich–lettuce and avocado. Like the avocado toast of sandwiches. My boyfriend in college introduced me to these lettuce and avocado sandwiches. And, though they might not sound like much, believe me, they are the best.
A.l.s (avocado, lettuce and spam) sandwich step by step
- Slice spam and avocado into thin slices.
- Heat pan with oil inside on medium high.
- Once oil is hot carefully place the slices of spam and cook about 5 min per side. Then remove and allow to dry on paper towels..
- Toast bread in toaster.
- Assemble sandwich spreading mayo on toasted bread layering (in any order) two slices of spam, slice or two of lettuce and slices of avocado..
- Eat and enjoy.
Thoroughly wash the lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Assemble the sandwich in whichever fashion you like. I prefer to pad the bottom slice of bread with lettuce, tomato, and avocado to create a flat surface and. Add crisp bacon, lettuce and tomato between slices of toasted bread. Add fresh cracked pepper if desired.