Use-up Double Leftovers Soup. Use our potato soup recipe to make a lightened-up hearty Polish dumpling dish. This food is more commonly known as the Pierogi, which is normally filled with a lot of fatty sour cream. Instead of using the classic filling just add one more baked potato plus another tablespoon of flour to thicken it up.
Add in finely chopped veggies, any will do but we suggest carrots, courgettes and mushrooms. "Using leftover soup not only infuses the rice or quinoa with added flavor, but also bulks it up with vegetables and protein—assuming the soup includes these items—making it a complete meal," she says. Even though it only takes about five minutes to combine the grains and soup, it instantly makes. Use wisdom when making soup from leftovers. You can have Use-up Double Leftovers Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Double Leftovers Soup
- You need 1 of carcass leftover from a roast chicken.
- It’s 1 of carrot, roughly diced.
- You need of Cold water.
- Prepare 500 ml of (or whatever you’ve got) sauce leftover from my pork chops with cider, etc. recipe.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube or tablet (I use Knorr Chicken Stock Pot).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
If your family didn't like it the first time, chances are slim that they will like it better in its new soup form. Chicken Noodle Soup is a great follow-up after a night of baked chicken. Save the drippings as well as leftover cooked chicken, vegetables, and gravy. Make delicious soup from the leftovers you have on hand.
Use-up Double Leftovers Soup step by step
- Put the leftover chicken carcass and carrot in a stockpot or large saucepan. Add cold water to cover the ingredients. Put lid on pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a rolling simmer for 15 minutes..
- Remove the carcass from the pan with a slotted spoon. Allow to cool sufficiently to handle, then pick off any remaining meat off the bones. Leave the meat bits and carrot in the stock and discard the bones and any skin..
- Add the leftover pork chop sauce to the stock. Stir well to mix thoroughly and add the stock cube. Bring back to the boil, stirring occasionally, and simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes..
- Season to taste, whizz if desired (I usually don’t coz we like the chunks) to a smoother consistency and serve piping hot with your choice of bread..
Homemade chicken soup (using leftover chicken!) is so much fresher, tastier, and better for you than canned. This leftover chicken soup recipe is naturally gluten free. Excellent soup to use up leftover chicken!. I've made it twice now and both times turned out great. Jacques Pépin shows you how to make an easy soup using fridge leftovers + vegetables.