Banana and Caramel Nut Cake. One of the most requested desserts I make. #Baking #BananaNut #Cake. A favorite banana cake recipe that I have used for everything from a brunch treat to a requested birthday cake to a potluck. KITCHEN PARADE by SHIRLEY: BANANA NUT CAKE with CARAMEL FROSTING.
This Caramel Banana Nut Poke Cake is all the things you have ever dreamed of, in a cake, and more. A poke cake is a cake that has many holes poked into it. This is usually done with a fork, or the end of a wooden spoon. You can cook Banana and Caramel Nut Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana and Caramel Nut Cake
- It’s 50 g of granulated sugar (about 1/4 cup) (A).
- You need 100 ml of water (about 1/2 cup) (A).
- It’s 2 tsp of Grand Marnier.
- You need 3 of eggs at room temperature.
- You need 70 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 70 g of granulated sugar (1/3 cup) (B).
- You need 2 Tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 200 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 3 Tbsp of granulated sugar (C).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter (D).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar (D).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of water (D).
- It’s 30 g of mixed nuts.
A sweet sauce or liquid, such as caramel or. Our most trusted Banana Nut Cake With Caramels recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Two layers of moist banana cake are topped with a luscious caramel frosting, a sweet and salty caramel sauce, crunchy walnuts and sweet banana slices.
Banana and Caramel Nut Cake instructions
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 360F. Place parchment paper on a 9.5 inch × 11 inch square pan. Make a syrup for a cake: In a milk pan, melt the sugar (A) in the water (A) over low heat. When it cools, add the Grand Marnier..
- In a milk pan, put sugar (D) and butter (D) and water (D) over low heat. When it turns a caramel color, turn off the heat and add the nuts. Spread the caramel nuts on parchment paper. Let it cool and when it's rock solid, chop it!.
- In a big bowl. Combine the eggs and sugar (B), and beat it with a electric mixer until it becomes a dense foam..
- Fold in sifted flour with a spatula 1/3 at a time until it's smooth. Add milk and gently mix..
- Pour the batter into the pan. Lift and drop the pan on the counter to pop the air bubbles..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, upside down onto parchment paper. Let it cool..
- Add the sugar (C) to the heavy cream then whip it. Slice the banana..
- Cut the cake and place in a dish. Brush syrup on the cake and cover with whipped cream..
- Place bananas on top. Repeat in layers, scattering caramel nuts on the top..
- Ta-da! Scoop it out as you like!.
- You can also use a cookie cutter and layer the cake like this..
- Or, you can also put it into a small jar. Good for a gift..
Top with the second layer of cake then add remaining frosting. Just before serving top with the bananas* and nuts, then drizzle over. Home > Recipes > Cakes > Banana Nut Cake with Caramel Topping. Sift together flour, sugar, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add shortening, buttermilk, eggs, and bananas.