Carmel Corn. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well. In large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, water, corn syrup and salt; mix well.
Line two roasting pans with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar, light corn syrup, and kosher salt. Bring it to boil over medium high heat, and boil for one full minute, stirring constantly. You can have Carmel Corn using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carmel Corn
- You need 10-12 c of Popped Popcorn (un-popped 3/4 c).
- It’s 2 c of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 c of Butter.
- You need 1/2 c of Corn Syrup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 c of Nuts (Optional).
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Caramel popcorn makes a great snack or a sweet gift. In a Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients. Pour half of the syrup over each bowl of popcorn and stir to coat.
Carmel Corn instructions
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees..
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup..
- Over medium heat, bring to boil. Let boil 5 minutes without stirring..
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, salt, and vanilla. The mixture will get lighter brown and foamy. If using nuts, add to the mixture..
- Pour over popcorn and mix well..
- Bake on buttered cookie sheet(s) for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes..
- Note: After popping popcorn, make sure there are no un-popped kernels..
Our Easy Homemade Caramel Corn is a family favorite. It is super yummy and super easy. And you don't need Corn Syrup for this recipe. We've tried a lot of recipes looking for good, Easy Homemade Caramel Corn that doesn't use corn syrup. We've finally found one that we love.