Ingredients of Broccoli Salad
- You need 10 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1 head of fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins (substitute dried cranberries, if desired).
- It’s 3 Tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of white sugar (omit, if desired – I find it too sweet).
- You need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 cup of sunflower seeds.
Broccoli Salad step by step
- Cook bacon, drain, crumble and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and raisins..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- Before serving, toss with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds..
- Serve and enjoy!.