Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy). Beef stew meat with potatoes Mexican style recipe. This is a step by step video more for the beginner. Brown in shortening in a heavy skillet.
Add the onion and garlic and keep stirring frequently, until onion is transparent. Once meat is slight browned add potatoes and continue to brown. (Don't worry if it sticks to the bottom of the skillet. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin powder and garlic. You can cook Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy)
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 of jalapenos.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 2 lb of beef (crown roast, carne de taco, your choice or what's available).
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5oz.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 of salt n pepper.
Add Approcimately ONE cup of water and simmer until meat and potatoes are tender. Over medium-high heat, brown steak pieces in the oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven. (Really brown the meat — not just let it turn gray). Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is transparent. Add the potatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, adobo, stock, wine and water, and bring to.
Carne guisada con papas (meat n potatoes with gravy) step by step
- chop or dice onion, jalepenos (if your scared take the seeds out), cilantro and garlic. put aside..
- now your beef you can get it already cut into small pieces if you have a Mexican meat market around, go in and ask for carne para tacos, or just buy steak meat and cut into small square pieces..
- ok heat up a good size skillet or pot add cooking oil(your choice) heat and add meat and salt n pepper and start browning (not fully cooked) when brown add onions, jalapenos, and garlic with the spices( I know i have measurements but really i don't measure unless i am baking so adjust to your liking and add your favorite spices),now mix and let cook stirring occasionally, for about 10mins.
- peel n cut potatoes into cubes then add to the meat, add the diced tomatoes n sauce, add cilantro and 1 1/2 cups water(keep an eye on water if need more while cooking add it). Mix together cover let cook for about 30mins stirring occasional. (add salt n pepper to taste) Then enjoy!!.
- Serve with refried beans , tortillas (your choice), Mexican rice, and salsa..
Carne Guisada with Potatoes is one of those comfort meals that every Latino grows up with! Carne Guisada con Papas (Mexican Braised Beef With Potatoes). Beef and potatoes are centuries-old pantry essentials in South Texas, and this dish is served in homes and family-run restaurants all over the region. Peel and cube potatoes (approximately in ½- inch cubes). Once meat is slight browned add potatoes and continue to brown.